- Elevated between 640 m and 1,450 m, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Norway. The vertical drop from summit to base is 810 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Norway is 432 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Hemsedal is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Norway.
- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Norway.
- Season starts on 30 Nov and ends on 1 May (152 days). Average season duration in Norway is 132 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (30 Nov to 1 May) is 0 cm at summit elevation and 0 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 120 cm at summit elevation and 0 cm at the base. This makes Hemsedal the ski resort with the best snow conditions in Norway.
- Hemsedal features 54 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Norway is 54 sunny days. April is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days.
- Offering 44 km of slopes and terrain, Hemsedal is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Norway.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 325
Totten-Hemsedal (Nr. 27, 26, 11)
Length: 6 km
Vertical Drop: 810 m
Most Difficult Runs
Tottenloypa Nr. 5
Length: 0.6 km
Vertical Drop: 450 m
Lighted runs: 10 km