- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Germany.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 66 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Germany is 702 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 2756 ft.
- Season starts on Jan 2 and ends on Mar 8 (66 days). Average season duration in Germany is 80 days.
- Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 33 " at summit elevation and 15 " at the base.
- Hauzenberg Geiersberg features 29 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Germany is 21 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 21 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
The ski area on the Geiersberg opens up a ski slope for families with children. 0.8 km of slopes, all marked in blue, are waiting to be used. Two ski lifts and two magic carpets provide transport for winter sports guests. The pistes are very well maintained and prepared. A snowmaking system ensures snow reliability when it is cold enough.
Two ski schools offer courses for ski and snowboard and help with the first turns. The necessary equipment can be rented in the ski rental directly at the lift.
There is also the possibility of airboarding at the Geiersberg ski lift. You lie head first on an air cushion and whizz down the mountain.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
The cosy guesthouse at the lift station entices you to stop for a bite to eat.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
From Hauzenberg the ski area can be reached in only ten minutes via the St2128. Follow the Neustifterstraße.
Coming from Passau, change from Neuburgerstraße to Regensburgerstraße and finally follow Neustifterstraße to Hauzenberg.
There are enough free parking places available.