- The vertical drop from summit to base is 236 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2359 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The highest point of the track is 3615 ft above sea level.
- Season starts on Dec 23 and ends on Mar 15 (83 days). Average season duration in Austria is 187 days.
- The day pass at Grünberg Obsteig is €19 making it one of the 5 cheapest ski Resorts in Tyrol.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 23 to Mar 15) is 29 " at summit elevation and 15 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 34 " at summit elevation and 19 " at the base.
- Grünberg Obsteig features 39 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 39 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
The Grünberg ski slope in Obsteig is ideal for families with its easy one-kilometre-long piste, and it also has a small but beautiful children's area right next to the slope. There, swings and small obstacles provide variety besides skiing.
A T-bar lift transports skiers and snowboarders up to the so-called "Panoramastuhl", an oversized chair from which you can enjoy the view of the Mieminger sun plateau. There are also four conveyor belts in the area, which can be used free of charge. The courses of the two ski schools are ideal for children and beginners who want to learn the basic skills of skiing.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
For a break in between or as relaxation after a strenuous day on the slopes, a stop at the Grünberg Alm is ideal. It is located at the foot of the ski area right next to the Kinderland and attracts young and old winter sports enthusiasts alike with hearty meals in the cosy restaurant.
When snow conditions are good, a short toboggan run through the forest is available. The starting point can be easily reached via the conveyor belts or on foot. On the Mieminger sun plateau there are also several cross-country ski runs to discover. The 4-kilometre-long Thal-Wald trail is not far from the ski area and is suitable for advanced runners. For tourers, routes start right from the valley station of the T-bar lift to the Sauwetterhütte and Simmering Alm.
Infrastructure & Rental
Obsteig is located about 45 kilometres west of Innsbruck. A free bus for skiers, cross-country skiers and hikers runs from Seefeld via Wildermieming, Telfs and Mieming to Obsteig.
By car you can reach Obsteig via the A12 towards Bregenz. Leave the motorway at exit 113, drive through the village of Mötz and follow the main road to the roundabout, where you take the second exit to Obsteig.