- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1211 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Canada is 1148 ft. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 4101 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 4 and ends on Apr 30 (148 days). Average season duration in Canada is 161 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 4 to Apr 30) is 99 " at summit elevation and 118 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 126 " at summit elevation and 164 " at the base.
- Grouse Mountain features 58 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Canada is 59 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 17 sunny days.
News 2017/2018 Winter Season:
- Grouse Parks named No. 3 terrain park in the northwest by newschoolers
- Grouse Mountain named best local tourist attraction
The Ski Resort
Grouse Mountain is a winter wonderland promising fun for the whole family. The resort offers a broad variety of areas for skiers and snowboarders of all skill levels. At a total of 26 great runs, beginners, intermediates, and experts alike will get their money's worth.
Highspeed Chair "Olympic Express" brings experienced skiers up to the black runs Purgatory and Devil's Advocate. If you'd rather take it slow, just grab "The Cut" or "Screaming Eagle" to get to some easier trails. The ski resort also features two terrain parks with exciting features for snowboarders and skiers.
The locan ski school at Grouse Mountains has had its part in the making of a few famous athletes, and is one of the most renowned ski schools in west Canada. There are courses and clinics for all skill levels, taught by excellently trained instructors.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
You won't have to ski on an empty stomach at Grouse Mountain: there is a number of dining options to refuel. At Altitudes Bistro you can find typical west Canadian cuisine with a great view of the city. The self-service restaurant Lupins Café features healthy snacks as well as hearty meals.
For coffee and baked goods, go to Grouse Grind Coffee Bar or Starbucks. If you want something more unique, you should check out Beavertails Pastry. This place features a special Canadian pastry shaped like a beaver's tail. It is served hot and with sweet toppings of your choice.
Most Difficult Runs
Grouse Mountain has a lot in store off-piste as well. Discover the surrounding landscape on a snowshoe hike, twist and turn on the ice skating pond, or go for a romantic walk through the magic Light Walk. If you're looking for some action, try sledding or enjoy the speed at the mountain ziplines.
Dining and Restaurants
Don't miss out on a dinner at The Observatory, if you're into fine dining. The 5-star restaurant offers exquisite cuisine paired with an excellent wine list. From up here you enjoy a great view over the lights of Vancouver.
Grouse Mountain is located just north of Vancouver, British Columbia, less than 30 minutes from downtown. Vancouver International Airport receives many flights from European airports. From the city, you can easily get to the resort by bus.