- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,173 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 717 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 2,033 m.
- Season starts on 1 Dec and ends on 8 Apr (128 days). Average season duration in Austria is 119 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (1 Dec to 8 Apr) is 115 cm at summit elevation and 51 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 134 cm at summit elevation and 66 cm at the base.
- Großarltal features 70 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 73 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 17 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in Salzburg.
- Offering 73 km of slopes and terrain, Großarltal is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
Großarltal - That´s fun, snow, nature, recreation, cosiness and a "piece of home" During the summer it is a bit calmer in Grossarl Valley but in the winter Grossarl has everything for the skiers. Grossarl is a small paradise for cross-country skier, for ski mountaineers or tobbagonists too. Grossarl Valley - The family professional in the Ski amadé. Long slopes, wide pistes and modern lifts. That´s how you can sum up the Grossarl Valley-Dorfgastein ski area. The downhill slopes are varied, piste care exemplary. Cosy ski huts, snow bars and sun terraces are great places for a refreshment stop or après ski. A ski area for discerning guests - of all levels of ability and to suit every taste.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snowphone+43 (0)6414 8714
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Familienabfahrt vom Kreuzkogel ins Tal Nr. 3, 3a, 3b
Length: 8 km
Vertical Drop: 1,167 m
Most Difficult Runs
Length: 1 km
Vertical Drop: 170 m
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 14
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Lessons
Cross Country Ski Rental
Backcountry Ski Rental
Ski Rental Shops
Ski Rentals Großarltal (1)