- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,173 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of ski resorts in Austria is 727 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on 2 Dec and ends on 22 Apr (141 days). Average season duration in Austria is 121 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (2 Dec to 22 Apr) is 91 cm at summit elevation and 41 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 138 cm at summit elevation and 47 cm at the base.
- Großarltal features 65 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski resorts in Austria is 70 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 24 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in Salzburg.
- Offering 73 km of slopes and terrain, Großarltal is among the 10 largest ski resorts in Salzburg.
Großarltal - That´s fun, snow, nature, recreation, cosiness and a "piece of home" During the summer it is a bit calmer in Grossarl Valley but in the winter Grossarl has everything for the skiers. Grossarl is a small paradise for cross-country skier, for ski mountaineers or tobbagonists too. Grossarl Valley - The family professional in the Ski amadé. Long slopes, wide pistes and modern lifts. That´s how you can sum up the Grossarl Valley-Dorfgastein ski area. The downhill slopes are varied, piste care exemplary. Cosy ski huts, snow bars and sun terraces are great places for a refreshment stop or après ski. A ski area for discerning guests - of all levels of ability and to suit every taste.