Grossarltal - That´s fun, snow, nature, recreation, cosiness and a "piece of home" During the summer it is a bit calmer in Grossarl Valley but in the winter Grossarl has everything for the skiers. Grossarl is a small paradise for cross-country skier, for ski mountaineers or tobbagonists too. Grossarl Valley - The family professional in the Ski amadé. Long slopes, wide pistes and modern lifts. That´s how you can sum up the Grossarl Valley-Dorfgastein ski area. The downhill slopes are varied, piste care exemplary. Cosy ski huts, snow bars and sun terraces are great places for a refreshment stop or après ski. A ski area for discerning guests - of all levels of ability and to suit every taste.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,173 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 731 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 2,033 m.
- Großarltal is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
- Season starts on 1 Dec and ends on 8 Apr (128 days). Average season duration in Austria is 117 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (1 Dec to 8 Apr) is 141 cm at summit elevation and 60 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 162 cm at summit elevation and 76 cm at the base.
- Großarltal features 48 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 47 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 11 sunny days.
- Offering 64 km of slopes and terrain, Großarltal is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snowphone+43 (0)6414 8714
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Familienabfahrt vom Kreuzkogel ins Tal Nr. 3, 3a, 3b
Length: 8 km
Vertical Drop: 1,167 m
Most Difficult Runs
Length: 1 km
Vertical Drop: 170 m
Armin Assingers Jugendtipp in der... | 02:46
Armin Assingers Naturtipp in der Skiregion...Der Naturtipp für Wintersportler im Großarltal - mit...
Armin Assingers Sonnentipp in der...Der Sonnentipp für Wintersportler im Großarltal - mit...
Armin Assingers Kindertipp in der...Tipps für den Skinachwuchs im Großarltal - mit Armin...
Armin Assingers Sporttipp in der Skiregion...1.000 Meter Höhenunterschied als sportliche...
Number toboggan runs: 2
Toboggan run lighted
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 14
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Lessons
Cross Country Ski Rental
Backcountry Ski Rental
Ski Rental Shops
St. Johann im Pongau