Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Restrictions on lift capacity
- Lift tickets available online
- Free face masks are provided when purchasing a ski pass
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- No Après Ski
- Staff testing on regular basis
- Daily disinfection measures
- Masks mandatory in waiting areas
The Ski Resort
Salzburg has a lot to offer for winter sports enthusiasts. Numerous ski areas, guaranteed snow, cosy huts and fantastic views of the surrounding peaks. The Dorfgastein-Großarl ski area between Kreuzkogel and Fulseck also offers more than 70 kilometres of pistes with varied downhill runs and fantastic conditions for a perfect day's skiing. But that's not all, the ski area is part of Ski amadé. With just one ski pass, guests can also explore the pistes in the Gastein Valley or make the most of the entire range of 760 kilometres of pistes in other areas of the Ski Association.
The numerous red marked slopes will delight especially sporty ambitious skiers. Wide downhill runs invite you to swing back and forth between Großarl and Dorfgastein. The Gipfelbahn-Fulseck takes you to the highest point of the ski area, from where you have an amazing view of Großglockner and Dachstein. A total of 17 modern lifts ensure that nobody has to stay in the valley.
Families will also feel at home in Dorfgastein-Großarl. 25 kilometres of blue marked pistes offer even beginners a first sense of achievement on skis. Several practice slopes in the valley and the separate Fischbacherwiese practice lift at the entrance to the village are particularly popular with piste dwarves who are standing on the boards for the first time. The Funslope at the Tellerlift Kreuzhöhe is the ideal playground to gain skiing experience. If you don't have it yet, you can find help in one of the three ski schools in Großarl and Dorfgastein.
- Offering 45 miles of slopes and terrain, Dorfgastein - Grossarl is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
- Dorfgastein - Grossarl is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 3947 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2359 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 6670 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 25 and ends on Apr 11 (107 days). Average season duration in Austria is 96 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 25 to Apr 11) is 63 " at summit elevation and 27 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 72 " at summit elevation and 32 " at the base.
- Dorfgastein - Grossarl features 57 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 62 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 17 sunny days.