- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,203 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 733 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 2,033 m.
- Dorfgastein Grossarltal is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
- Season starts on 30 Nov and ends on 22 Apr (143 days). Average season duration in Austria is 113 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (30 Nov to 22 Apr) is 139 cm at summit elevation and 59 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 182 cm at summit elevation and 82 cm at the base.
- Dorfgastein Grossarltal features 59 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 59 sunny days. April is the sunniest month with an average of 16 sunny days.
- Offering 61 km of slopes and terrain, Dorfgastein Grossarltal is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
The Ski Resort
Salzburg has a lot to offer for winter sports enthusiasts. Numerous ski areas, guaranteed snow, cosy huts and fantastic views of the surrounding peaks. The Dorfgastein-Großarltal ski area between Kreuzkogel and Fulseck also offers more than 70 kilometres of pistes with varied downhill runs and fantastic conditions for a perfect day's skiing. But that's not all, the ski area is part of Ski amadé. With just one ski pass, guests can also explore the pistes in the Gastein Valley or make the most of the entire range of 760 kilometres of pistes in other areas of the Ski Association.
The numerous red marked slopes will delight especially sporty ambitious skiers. Wide downhill runs invite you to swing back and forth between Großarl and Dorfgastein. The Gipfelbahn-Fulseck takes you to the highest point of the ski area, from where you have an amazing view of Großglockner and Dachstein. A total of 17 modern lifts ensure that nobody has to stay in the valley.
Families will also feel at home in Dorfgastein-Großarl. 25 kilometres of blue marked pistes offer even beginners a first sense of achievement on skis. Several practice slopes in the valley and the separate Fischbacherwiese practice lift at the entrance to the village are particularly popular with piste dwarves who are standing on the boards for the first time. The Funslope at the Tellerlift Kreuzhöhe is the ideal playground to gain skiing experience. If you don't have it yet, you can find help in one of the three ski schools in Großarl and Dorfgastein.