Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
- Face covering required in lift lines
The Ski Resort
The Grand Targhee Resort is located in Wyoming in the western USA not far from the city of Alta and the national parks Grand Teton and Yellowstone. Four chair lifts and a magic carpet take winter sports enthusiasts up the mountain. The longest of the almost 100 runs is about 4 kilometers long. Two snowparks are also available for freestylers here on the border to Idaho.
The resort is especially known for its generous cat skiing possibilities. Just under a quarter of the resort is reserved exclusively for this. And there is enough snow here: Due to its altitude between 2400 and 3000 meters, the ski area is one of the most snow-sure in the USA. The ski season runs from the end of November until well into April.
- Offering 1999 acres of slopes and terrain, Grand Targhee is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Wyoming.
- Grand Targhee is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Wyoming.
- It is among the 15 most family-friendly ski Resorts in the USA.
- Elevated between 7851 ft and 9921 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Wyoming. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2070 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1201 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- During the season the average snow depth at Grand Targhee is 100 ". Snow coverage is usually best during April, offering an average base depth of 115 ". Therefore Grand Targhee is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Wyoming.
- Grand Targhee features 70 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 66 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days.