Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Lift tickets available online
The Ski Resort
Gorny Vozdukh (Mountain Air) ski resort is located in East Russia, on the island of Sachalin. It is home to 23km/14.3mi of slopes. Besides the mainly intermediate runs, there are also easy slopes for beginners as well as five blacks for ambitious skiers. The slopes are floodlit in the evening.
From the valley, the gondola takes you to the peak of Gorny Vozdukh at 600m/1,969ft above sea leve. A t-bar starts at the mid-station. Moreover, there are two chair lifts at the south and north face respectively. However, they should only be used by experienced winter sportsmen, as they are surrounded by red and black runs only.
- Offering 14 miles of slopes and terrain, Gorny Vozdukh is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Russia.
- Gorny Vozdukh is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Russia.
- The day pass at Gorny Vozdukh is RUB1,600 making it one of the 5 cheapest ski Resorts in Russia.
- Gorny Vozdukh features 7 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Russia is 6 sunny days. April is the sunniest month with an average of 4 sunny days.
Infrastructure & Rental
There is an airport in Yuzhno Sakhalinsk, only around 15km/9mi from the ski resort. From the airport, take bus 63 to Chekhov Center, then change onto line 62 or 34 to Pobedy square. If you are traveling by train, take bus line 62 or 34 from the railway station.