The Ski Resort
Gore Mountain Ski Resort is HUGE! It offers over 177 hectares of skiable terrain with 109 trails served by 14 lifts including a gondola. This is pure skiing and riding excitement for everyone. No matter if beginner or expert you´re gonna love this resort, especially if you´re looking for smooth gentle cruising trails. 50% of the trails are designed for intermediate skiers and riders. Take a gondola skyride and enjoy scenic views of the wintry splendor.
The Snow Sports School offers a whole bunch of different lessons and programs: for children and adults, beginner to advanced, women´s only programs, telemark lessons, and many more! You will definitely find a matching program for you. Parents have the opportunity to bring their children to the day care center where specially trained staff will take care of your children while you enjoy the great trails.
Furthermore, there are also 4 km of groomed Nordic tracks available at the North Creek Snow Bowl. You can choose from a variety of tracks that vary in length and difficulty.
There are plenty of dining and lodging options available downtown, so relax and enjoy some delicious food after an exciting day in the snow.
- Offering 432 acres of slopes and terrain, Gore Mountain is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in New York.
- Gore Mountain is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in New York.
- Elevated between 997 ft and 3599 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in New York. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2602 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1204 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Average snow depth during the season is 24 " at summit elevation and 10 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 30 " at summit elevation and 13 " at the base. Therefore Gore Mountain is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in New York.
- Gore Mountain features 49 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 56 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 14 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
We serve a variety of affordable and healthy meal options with 6 locations throughout the resort, to keep you well-fueled for a day on the slopes. Choose from the Base Lodge's food court, Corduroy Cafe, Tannery Pub & Restaurant, or the Open Pit Grille on our sundeck, the mid-mountain Saddle Lodge, or the Ski Bowl's Lodge.