- Offering 17 miles of slopes and terrain, Golm is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Vorarlberg.
- Golm is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Vorarlberg.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Vorarlberg.
- Elevated between 2133 ft and 6923 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Vorarlberg. The vertical drop from summit to base is 4790 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2382 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Dec 13 and ends on Apr 13 (122 days). Average season duration in Austria is 113 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 13 to Apr 13) is 55 " at summit elevation and 14 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 60 " at summit elevation and 19 " at the base. Therefore Golm is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Vorarlberg.
- Golm features 62 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 54 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in Vorarlberg.
- Worldwide first photo-voltaic chairlift
- Golmi forest: The mascot explains trail rules
The Ski Resort
The ski resort Golm is situated in Voralberg and it´s fairly easy to get here due to the fact that it´s only about 10 minutes away from the freeway exit Bludenz/Montafon. Golm covers 43 kilometers (26,7 miles) of skiable terrain and suits every ability by boasting easy descends for beginners and steep expert runs.
Golm is a great destination for families, there´s something for every member of the family. Kids from 3 to 6 years are welcome in the kids club. Here, they can get crazy and have fun while the parents enjoy the mountain.
If the little ones dare to get on their skis, they can practice together with professional instructors in the Golmi-Land. A kids ski race takes place every Friday, the whole thing is organized by the local ski school Golm. The mascot in the Golmi forest explains all the details and rules for the trails. Right at the base station is the training ski tow Innerbach. On the mountain, there is an additional training ski lift Sücka.
The whole ski resort has tempting blue slopes like the extra long family slope No. 5 or the No. 1 where you can actually measure your personal speed. If you don´t feel safe on your skis yet, stay clear of the trails close to the valley Golmerjoch because here there are reds and blacks only.
Golm is also a great destination for advanced skiers. The wide variety of reds includes a world cup run and slope No. 9 that belongs to the race area. In case this is still not enough for you, you can hit the Diabolo run featuring pitches of up to 70 degrees. It´s one of the steepest in Austria and joins legends like the Harakiri run in Mayrhofen or Gamsleiten 2 in Obertauern. You can also avoid the steepest part of the trail if you feel overwhelmed by the challenge. The longest run boasts a length of 9,2 kilometers (5,7 miles) and starts at Rätikonbahn top station. You will end up back in Vandans and have to overcome 1460 height meters (4 790 feet) on your way down.
The black marked ski circuit Schwarze Wand will even please the most courageous skier and snowboarder. Outside the ski resorts are two additional ski circuits: Latschau Vandans with a length of 2,8 kilometer (1,7 miles) and the circuit to Vandans that comes with a length of 7,4 kilometer (4,6 miles).
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
The panorama restaurant Grüneck is well-know for only using local ingredients. Spoil your taste buds by tasting the classics of the Austrian cuisine like Wiener Schnitzel and apple strudel. You can serve yourself at the salad buffet so you don´t have to miss out on vitamins. The huge sun deck that includes deckchairs welcomes the guests to relax and recharge their batteries with a hot beverage in their hand.
Tourists are usually on fire for the Berghof Golm at Golmerbahn. The food is great but this is also a good place to come for mixed drinks and cocktails because it includes the Cin Cin Bar. There´s never a shortage of live-music and if there´s no live-band you can count on bar manager Günter who will be the the DJ for the night.
The Sonna Hüsli at Matschwitz top station is an other insider tip. You won´t find the mainstream Austrian cuisine on the menu but real regional food.
Most Difficult Runs
The perfect ending of a successful ski day in Golm is a ride with the Alpine-Coaster-Golm! Starting point is Latschau and off you go in a rapid pace down to Vandans. The Coaster is pretty fast by having a speed of up to 40 km/h (24 m/h). Feel the thrill of speed by passing 44 jumps, several 180 degree turns and 360 degree rounds.
A tiny bit smoother is an old-fashioned toboggan ride. The Golmerbahn gives you access to the starting point in Latschau. From here you can speed down the run that includes 21 turns and takes you back to the base. This run is impressive 3 kilometers (1,8 miles) long. The run is lighted between 6 and 9 pm every Wednesday and Friday.
Slip in your winter boots and explore the breathtaking winter landscape by walking the hiking trails. Around the ski resort there is a big net of winter hiking trails. Look for romantic chapels and mountain pastures in-between the white landscape.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Dining and Restaurants
The Gasthof Sulzfluh features a vertical rise of 1000 height meters (3 280 feet). It gives guests next to fantastic dishes also a panorama view of Schruns/Tschagguns and Bartholomäberg. Perfect for bigger groups and events: the Kurvahüsli.
Rustic charm offers the Liftstüble right at Golmerbahn valley station by featuring typical Montafon interior. Try the classic Austrian and regional treats.
Infrastructure & Rental
Golm is easy accessible. As soon as you made your way through the Pfänder tunel, take the Rheintal freeway A14 and drive through Amberg tunel. Take exit Bludenz/Montafon and get to Golm in less than 10 minutes.
Take the train to Bludenz and change into the train Montafonerbahn to Vandans.