- The vertical drop from summit to base is 627 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2356 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 3186 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 15 and ends on Mar 10 (85 days). Average season duration in Austria is 111 days.
- The day pass at Glasenberg Maria Neustift is €14 making it one of the 10 cheapest ski Resorts in Austria.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 15 to Mar 10) is 11 " at summit elevation and 8 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 16 " at summit elevation and 12 " at the base.
- Glasenberg Maria Neustift features 29 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 37 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
The Glasenberg ski area, where families in particular will feel at home, is located near the Upper Austrian village of Maria Neustift, not far from Steyr and Waidhofen/Ybbs. The Glasenberg has a T-bar lift and is ideal for a relaxing skiing day away from the hustle and bustle of the big ski centres.
Beginners and advanced skiers will certainly find their personal challenge on the three descents. The ski day is framed by a magnificent mountain scenery. For a break you can stop directly beside the slope at the Glasner Hütte.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Infrastructure & Rental
Coming from Steyr you drive via Kleinraming towards Maria Neustift. Shortly before Maria Neustift turn right to Buchschachen and follow the road to the ski lift Glasenberg.