- Elevated between 1,354 m and 2,512 m, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in South Tyrol. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,158 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Italy is 924 m.
- Gitschberg Jochtal is among the 15 best rated Ski Resorts in Italy.
- Season starts on 7 Dec and ends on 22 Apr (136 days). Average season duration in Italy is 128 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (7 Dec to 22 Apr) is 67 cm at summit elevation and 25 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 95 cm at summit elevation and 40 cm at the base.
- Gitschberg Jochtal features 94 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Italy is 93 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 25 sunny days.
- Offering 55 km of slopes and terrain, Gitschberg Jochtal is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in South Tyrol.
The Ski Resort
The South Tyrolean winter sports region offers pure skiing fun from the beginning of December to Easter. Since their merger into the Gitschberg-Jochtal ski area, the two areas in Vals and Meransen with more than 50 dreamlike kilometers of slopes in a snow-sure location at up to 2500 meters can convince. Beginners and beginners will feel particularly comfortable on the 17 kilometres of easy marked downhill runs and practice slopes down in the village. There are also 25 kilometres of red marked slopes in the ski area. Experienced skiers can choose from 9 kilometres of black slopes.
Particularly active athletes will also pause on the Gitschberg and enjoy the magnificent 360-degree view of more than 500 peaks and mountains. The gondola is also spectacular, as the cable car from and to Gitschberg, the Gaisjoch cable car, has a glass floor. Vals, on the other hand, is the perfect holiday destination for families. No long distances, no crowds of lifts - skiing fun begins practically at the front door, as most of the accommodations are located directly on the slopes.
In the three children's parks of the winter sports area, the kids can start their first attempts on the boards. Together with the teams of the ski schools they learn the ABC of winter sports. Once the first turns have been mastered, the magic carpets will take you back to the mountain in comfort.