North-eastern France is home to the community Gerardmer in the Département Vosges. Gerardmer, third largest community in Vosges is famous for the extraordinary climatic conditions and a beautiful nature which has remained nearly untouched! In Gerardmer you are sure to spend an unequalled holiday!
The ski resort is definitely the perfect destination for active people. Apart from the 40km of trails of different ability levels there is an abundance of possibilities to spend fun-filled moments on and around the mountain. Join in on the daily offers of snowshoe hikes through this enchanted winter-wonder-land. And if you just can’t get enough of all the nice things to do during daytime there is a floodlit trail open for night skiing. And in case the weather gods are a bit greedy in the snow-department we are backed up by snow-machines! Snowboarders can demonstrate their skills in the terrain park and halfpipe.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 400 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 865 m. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The highest point of the track is 1,150 m above sea level.
- Gerardmer is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Lorraine.
- Season starts on 8 Dec and ends on 18 Mar (100 days). Average season duration in France is 121 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (8 Dec to 18 Mar) is 20 cm at summit elevation and 10 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during June, offering an average snow depth of 40 cm at summit elevation and 10 cm at the base. Therefore Gerardmer is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Lorraine.
- Gerardmer features 20 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 37 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 11 sunny days.
- Offering 40 km of slopes and terrain, Gerardmer is the largest ski resort in Lorraine.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 173
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Lighted runs: 3 km
Number toboggan runs: 2
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 4
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Lessons
Cross Country Ski Rental
Backcountry Ski Rental