- Offering 25 miles of slopes and terrain, Gerardmer is the largest ski resort in Lorraine.
- Gerardmer is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Lorraine.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1312 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2638 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The highest point of the track is 3773 ft above sea level.
- Season starts on Dec 31 and ends on Mar 14 (74 days). Average season duration in France is 425 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 31 to Mar 14) is 9 " at summit elevation and 4 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 11 " at summit elevation and 6 " at the base. Therefore Gerardmer is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Lorraine.
- Gerardmer features 21 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 38 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 11 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
North-eastern France is home to the community Gerardmer in the Département Vosges. Gerardmer, third largest community in Vosges is famous for the extraordinary climatic conditions and a beautiful nature which has remained nearly untouched! In Gerardmer you are sure to spend an unequalled holiday!
The ski resort is definitely the perfect destination for active people. Apart from the 40km of trails of different ability levels there is an abundance of possibilities to spend fun-filled moments on and around the mountain. Join in on the daily offers of snowshoe hikes through this enchanted winter-wonder-land. And if you just can’t get enough of all the nice things to do during daytime there is a floodlit trail open for night skiing. And in case the weather gods are a bit greedy in the snow-department we are backed up by snow-machines! Snowboarders can demonstrate their skills in the terrain park and halfpipe.