- Offering 10 miles of slopes and terrain, Gemeindealpe - Mitterbach is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Lower Austria.
- Gemeindealpe - Mitterbach is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Lower Austria.
- Elevated between 2625 ft and 5335 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Lower Austria. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2710 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2356 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 26 and ends on Mar 15 (80 days). Average season duration in Austria is 176 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 26 to Mar 15) is 67 " at summit elevation and 29 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 69 " at summit elevation and 37 " at the base. Therefore Gemeindealpe - Mitterbach is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Lower Austria.
- Gemeindealpe - Mitterbach features 38 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 39 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 21 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
The ski resort Gemeindealpe is located in Lower Austria. It offers optimal conditions for all levels of alpine skiing.
The Bodenbauerexpress brings winter sports enthusiasts from Mitterbach first to the 1225 m high Bäreneck. If you want to climb even higher, you can take the Gipfelbahn to the 1622 metre high Terzerhaus. Here you have arrived at the highest point of the ski area and enjoy a wonderful view of the Mostviertel mountains. From here you can take the 7-kilometre Birki slope down to the valley at the Gemeindealpe - the longest continuous family run in Lower Austria!
If this is too easy for you, you can venture into the freeride area or plunge down the steep slope. The speed measuring track no. 7 and the racing slope no. 5 also provide even more adrenaline. A special highlight of the Gemeindealpe is the Snowpark, which makes the hearts of freestylers beat faster. 17 elements, including 15 rails/boxes and two kickers guarantee a lot of fun on the mountain.
With the practice lift D and the practice slope no. 10, there is also something for the youngest guests, as well as for beginners in alpine skiing.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
The Gemeindealpe can be reached from Vienna in 2 hours. First follow the A1 in the direction of Linz/St. Pölten/Pressbaum to the exit St.Pölten Süd and then change to the B20 Mariazellerstraße. After approx. 70 kilometres turn right into Seestraße, which leads to Mitterbach.
With public transport:
From Vienna you can also travel comfortably by train. The express train goes to St.Pölten, from where it continues with a regional train directly to Mitterbach.