Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Lift tickets available online
- Daily disinfection measures
- Restrictions on ski bus capacity
- Lift rides only with people of the same group/family
The Ski Resort
The Geilo ski area extends over 45 slopes with several entry points. If you want to explore the whole ski area, you should not miss the panoramic round Geilo High Five. Since the ski round leads exclusively over green and blue slopes, even less experienced skiers can manage the tour.
- Offering 21 miles of slopes and terrain, Geilo is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Norway.
- Geilo is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Norway.
- It is among the 15 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Norway.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1240 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Norway is 1388 ft. The highest point of the track is 3865 ft above sea level.
- During the season the average snow depth at Geilo is 26 ". Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average base depth of 28 ". Therefore Geilo is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Norway.
- Geilo features 51 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Norway is 43 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 14 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Most Difficult Runs
Infrastructure & Rental
Geilo is located about 4 hours east of Bergen and can be reached directly by train.