The Ski Resort
As the highest ski resort in the Montafon region, Gargellen offers guaranteed snow and fun on the slopes at up to 2,300 metres above sea level. Beginners, advanced skiers and also real pros have a great range of different slopes at their disposal. The first way up is from Gargellen with the Schafberg cable car.
Beginners, re-starters and families with children will find the largest range of offers in Gargellen with 26 kilometres of downhill runs. You can use practically the whole skiing area, because the blue marked slopes are distributed in all areas. Little fleas on the slopes are looked after by the ski school at Schmuggi Luggi Winterland. Here they learn the first swings on two boards in a playful and child-friendly way.
The highlight for advanced skiers is the red marked valley run Schnapfenwald. It starts at the top station of the Schafbergbahn and runs through wooded area to Gargellen. Another red marked downhill run runs along the chair lift D. There is also a red marked, unprepared downhill run which runs from the top station of the chair lift C and leads into the blue marked downhill run Schnapfenwald.
Even particularly sporty drivers will find one or two challenging trails in Gargellen. The black marked training track runs parallel to the chair lift D and the "long side" forms a variant along the blue marked valley run no. 2. Freeriders find their true destiny in the demanding deep snow slopes. In the area between the Schafberg Hüsli and the Gargellner Alpe there are some black marked, unprepared downhill runs. If you want to compete against friends or determine your own best time, the Race Area, a slalom course with time measurement, is the right place for you.
Snowboarders and freestylers can let off steam in the Gargellen Snowpark. Kicker, table, big wall, rainbow, pyramid and other freestyle elements offer enough opportunities to practice new tricks and moves. In addition, there is a suitable line for every skill level.
- Offering 24 miles of slopes and terrain, Gargellen is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Vorarlberg.
- Gargellen is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Vorarlberg.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Vorarlberg.
- Elevated between 4669 ft and 7546 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Vorarlberg. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2877 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2362 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 44 " at summit elevation and 32 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 53 " at summit elevation and 40 " at the base. Therefore Gargellen is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Vorarlberg.
- Gargellen features 68 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 63 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 25 sunny days.