Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- No Après Ski
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
The popular family ski area Laterns is located in the heart of Vorarlberg, only a 15-minute drive from the Rhine valley motorway. The resort at Gapfohl mountain convinces not only with well-groomed departures, but also with reasonable prices.
In addition to the well-groomed slopes, family friendliness was also awarded with seals of approval. This can be felt right away in "Kinderland" at the top station of the four-seater chairlift. Here the youngest children (from 3 years) are looked after free of charge, while parents can explore the ski area on their own. Of course there are special family day passes in Laterns, which make skiing fun affordable for the whole family. A four km long natural toboggan run, on which guests whizz down to the valley on skids, also offers fun off the slopes!
A special service of the Laterns cable cars: From Rankweil station a free ski bus brings all guests with ski clothing to the ski area for free !
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2247 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2359 ft. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 5856 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 54 " at summit elevation and 27 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 63 " at summit elevation and 33 " at the base. Therefore Laterns Gapfohl is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Vorarlberg.
- Laterns Gapfohl features 50 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 49 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 19 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in Vorarlberg.