Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- No Après Ski
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
Far away from overcrowded ski regions there is the family ski area Gaberl- Plankogel, which reaches up to 1550 m. The well groomed descents offer the right slope for everyone, from practice slopes to steep runs.
In the ski village of Salla-Gaberl you will experience an idyllic winter world. There are just 6 kilometres of downhill runs available for alpine fun. For the little skiers there is an extra children's slope with lift available.
For refreshment after an eventful day of skiing, traditional Styrian inns invite you to the village or you can spend the evening with mulled wine at the curling track.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2461 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2359 ft. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 5085 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 24 " at summit elevation and 22 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during November, offering an average snow depth of 29 " at summit elevation and 25 " at the base.
- Gaberl Plankogel features 39 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 37 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 19 sunny days.
If you don't want to spend your day on skis, you can choose from numerous other leisure activities such as ice skating, curling, sledding or winter hiking..
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
The skiing area Gaberl is located between Graz and Judenburg directly at the B77.