Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- No Après Ski
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
The Gaal ski lifts reach up to 1250 m above sea level and cover 10 acres of groomed slopes. A highlight is also the permanent race track, where you can optimally prepare for any company or club races or just duel with your friends for fun.
In the "Bikini Bottom" Kidspark the little ones can learn the ABC of winter sports between funny characters like Sponge Bob, in a playful way.
The three après-ski huts provide a rustic and cosy atmosphere. Those who'd like to enjoy culinary specialities of Styria, should not miss the restaurant Gaalerhof, directly at the base station.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1181 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2359 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 4101 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 33 " at summit elevation and 23 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 35 " at summit elevation and 24 " at the base.
- Gaaler Ski Lifts features 39 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 37 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 19 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in Styria.