Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- No Après Ski
The Ski Resort
With its 8 lifts (1 four-seater chairlift, 6 drag lifts and 1 baby lift), 18 km of runs and a great price-performance ratio, the ski resort of Forsteralm is ideal for families. A large snow machine system guarantees snowy slopes round the clock, and ensures that the Forsteralm is one of the snowiest resorts in the Pre-Alps.
Wonderfully groomed slopes, and runs catering to all levels of expertise, guarantee optimum skiing pleasure for the whole family. 4 ski huts also provide much-needed refreshment, diversion and a great atmosphere.
Beginners and children have free use of the practice lifts. The ski school and ski kindergarten with magic carpet conveyor and fairytale meadow are situated directly by the lifts, making the whole area easy to negotiate.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1175 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2356 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 3537 ft.
- Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 18 " at summit elevation and 13 " at the base.
- Forsteralm features 36 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 36 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 21 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 1 sunniest in Upper Austria.