The Ski Resort
The Feuerkogel, Upper Austria’s most sun-blessed site, with its family-friendly pistes, fantastic all-round panorama view of Dachstein and of the lakes, cosy Alpine lodges and many sporting opportunities, invites you to experience an unforgettable snow adventure in the heart of the Salzkammergut! Easy to get to from Ebensee am Traunsee via the Feuerkogel cable car, at 1600 metres you head into the middle of this adventure-filled mountain village.
For winter athletes who like to relax and take things easy, the little ski circus on the Feuerkogel high plateau provides very well prepared pistes and lots of routes for beginners and families. More ambitious snow fanatics will find a challenge to suit them in the six kilometre long unprepared ski run into the valley. Tourers and snow-shoe hikers hold the wonderful plateau in high regard as a starting point for tours of every difficulty level, while many boarders prefer to ‘unnerve’ themselves on the un-tracked slopes down into the valley.
- Offering 6 miles of slopes and terrain, Feuerkogel is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Upper Austria.
- Feuerkogel is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Upper Austria.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Upper Austria.
- Elevated between 1453 ft and 5331 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Upper Austria. The vertical drop from summit to base is 3878 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2382 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Average snow depth during the season is 49 " at summit elevation and 35 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 60 " at summit elevation and 47 " at the base. Therefore Feuerkogel is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Upper Austria.
- Feuerkogel features 53 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 56 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 24 sunny days.