- Offering 2501 acres of slopes and terrain, Fernie Alpine Resort is among the 15 largest Ski Resorts in Canada.
- Fernie Alpine Resort is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in British Columbia.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Canada.
- Elevated between 3451 ft and 7001 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 15 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Canada. The vertical drop from summit to base is 3550 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Canada is 1148 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Nov 30 and ends on Apr 14 (135 days). Average season duration in Canada is 164 days.
- During the season (from Nov 30 till Apr 14) the average snow depth at Fernie Alpine Resort is 103 ". Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 118 " at summit elevation and 0 " at the base. Therefore Fernie Alpine Resort is among the 15 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Canada.
- Fernie Alpine Resort features 63 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Canada is 54 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 21 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in British Columbia.
News 2017/2018 Winter Season:
- RCR App got a new GPS tracking feature
- new grooming cats and snow guns
- overall chairlift work and upgrades
- Legends Mountain Eatery recently opened its doors
- weekly classes of Yoga on the Mountain
- Snowshoe/Fat Biking Ride & Dine Tours
The Ski Resort
Fernie Alpine Resort is a beautiful place set in the breathtaking scenery of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. The resort is not only commited to their guests but also to the environment, which they want to protect and preserve thus making it all the more enjoyable. Fernie´s legendary steeps are covered by an average of 9m of feathery powder every winter. The big wide open runs also offer skiing fun for all ability levels with a variety of beginner, intermediate and expert runs. There is also the possibility to go Snowcat Skiing, Cross-Country Skiing or Telemark Skiing. Featured in the resort is also a rail park that accomodates the needs of any snowboarder. The Fernie Ski School offers courses for kids, youths and adults and the resort also features an Alpine Racing Team.