The Ski Resort
Fernie Alpine Resort is a beautiful place set in the breathtaking scenery of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. The resort is not only commited to their guests but also to the environment, which they want to protect and preserve thus making it all the more enjoyable. Fernie´s legendary steeps are covered by an average of 9m of feathery powder every winter. The big wide open runs also offer skiing fun for all ability levels with a variety of beginner, intermediate and expert runs. There is also the possibility to go Snowcat Skiing, Cross-Country Skiing or Telemark Skiing. Featured in the resort is also a rail park that accomodates the needs of any snowboarder. The Fernie Ski School offers courses for kids, youths and adults and the resort also features an Alpine Racing Team.
- Offering 2503 acres of slopes and terrain, Fernie Alpine Resort is among the 15 largest Ski Resorts in Canada.
- Fernie Alpine Resort is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in British Columbia.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Canada.
- Elevated between 3451 ft and 7001 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 15 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Canada. The vertical drop from summit to base is 3550 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Canada is 1191 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- During the season the average snow depth at Fernie Alpine Resort is 96 ". Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 109 " at summit elevation and 0 " at the base. Therefore Fernie Alpine Resort is among the 15 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Canada.
- Fernie Alpine Resort features 24 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Canada is 30 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 9 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in British Columbia.