- Offering 112 miles of slopes and terrain, Espace Lumiere (Pra Loup-Val d'Allos) is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in France.
- Espace Lumiere (Pra Loup-Val d'Allos) is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur.
- It is among the 15 most family-friendly ski Resorts in France.
- Elevated between 4593 ft and 8530 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur. The vertical drop from summit to base is 3937 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2638 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Dec 7 and ends on Apr 19 (134 days). Average season duration in France is 112 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 7 to Apr 19) is 74 " at summit elevation and 12 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 83 " at summit elevation and 24 " at the base. Therefore Espace Lumiere (Pra Loup-Val d'Allos) is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur.
- Espace Lumiere (Pra Loup-Val d'Allos) features 65 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 54 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 15 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
L'Espace Lumière is made up of the two ski resorts Pra Loup and Val D'Allos in the Alpes de Haute Provence. Porte de l'Espace Lumière in Les Agneliers gets you from Pra Loup into the neighbouring Val D'Allos. You have a total of 180 kilometres (almost 112 miles)of slopes at your disposal. More than 30 lifts convey skiers and snowboarders.
Families tend to prefer the Val d'Allos-Le Seignus area, while intermediate and expert skiers enjoy the numerous red runs of La Foux and Pra Loup.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Infrastructure & Rental
L'Espace Lumière is situated between Grenoble and Nice. From Grenoble, you take D1075 to La Faurie and continue on D994 until Gap. Then you follow D900 to Barcelonette, where you turn onto D902 and pass Le Pied de La Maure and Les Molanès up to Pra Loup.