- Offering 178 acres of slopes and terrain, Elk Mountain is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Pennsylvania.
- Elk Mountain is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Pennsylvania.
- Elevated between 1693 ft and 2694 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Pennsylvania. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1001 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1184 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 15 and ends on Mar 30 (105 days). Average season duration in the USA is 118 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 15 to Mar 30) is 35 " at summit elevation and 17 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 43 " at summit elevation and 19 " at the base. Therefore Elk Mountain is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Pennsylvania.
- Elk Mountain features 44 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 46 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 15 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
Elk Mountain Ski Resort is located north of Scranton. Discover over 72 hectares of diverse terrain that will make every snow lover happy! The Ski School offers great lessons and programs for first-time skiers and snowboarders as well as a racing program for those who are into speed. But also if you want to fine-tune your skills the Ski School is the right place for you. Over 75 instructors are looking forward to help you progress fast. Class sizes, however, are limited to give you an enjoyable learning experience.
Elk Mountain Ski Resort is a great place for groups. You think skiing for free is impossible? It´s not! If your group makes two individual trips to Elk Mountain your third one is free!