Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
The Eberstein-Saualpe ski area convinces with its panoramic view over Carinthia. The one kilometre long, blue marked ski slope, which is accessed by a t-bar lift, offers beginners in alpine skiing a good opportunity for the first turns in the snow. Children also have the opportunity to take part in children's ski courses. If you want the ski slope for yourself, you have the option to book it exclusively.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Carinthia.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 427 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2359 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The highest point of the track is 5840 ft above sea level.
- The day pass at Eberstein Saualpe is €18 making it the cheapest ski resort in Carinthia.
- Average snow depth during the season is 20 " at summit elevation and 20 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 20 " at summit elevation and 20 " at the base.
- Eberstein Saualpe features 31 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 28 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in Austria.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
The Steinerhütte and the Druckerhütte in the Eberstein-Saualpe ski resort, which are located right next to the piste, take care of the culinary needs of winter sports enthusiasts.
For all those who want to experience the winter landscape away from the pistes and cross-country ski runs, a snowshoe hike is ideal. Also the ice rink of the municipality Eberstein offers fun for young and old.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Infrastructure & Rental
Exit the A5 motorway at the Rastatt exit and follow the B462 via Gaggenau to Gernsbach.
With public transport
From Klagenfurt central station, bus line 5396 runs regularly to Eberstein.