- Offering 7 miles of slopes and terrain, Park Snow Donovaly is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Slovakia.
- Park Snow Donovaly is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Slovakia.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Slovakia.
- Elevated between 3002 ft and 4600 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Slovakia. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1598 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Slovakia is 1283 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 1 and ends on Mar 31 (120 days). Average season duration in Slovakia is 108 days.
- The ski resort is among the 5 ski Resorts with best conditions in Slovakia.
- Park Snow Donovaly features 45 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Slovakia is 48 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
The ski resort Donovaly is located in the heart of Slovakia. 16 ski lifts take winter sports enthusiasts to the slopes, which are located between 915 and 1,402 metres above sea level. Beginners can explore the five kilometres of blue marked slopes. They are mainly located in the left part of the ski area. Those who are already a bit more experienced can explore the right part of the Snow Park (Misuty), where almost six kilometres of red marked slopes and a 100 metre long black marked slope lie. Seven kilometres of the total of 19 runs can be covered with snow.
The little ones are in good hands at the Funpark in the Mistríky area. Kids from the age of three are taught by the teams of the ski schools. Daily highlight is the snow show at 12 o'clock with many games, competitions and a ride with the ski train. Of course, the mascots of the ski area are also there. The Burton Riglet Park is a mini snowboard park where small boarders can learn snowboarding with the help of suitable obstacles.
The big freestylers can show the latest moves in the Riders Park. Floodlight lovers get their money's worth in Donovaly. Because daily from 16 to 21 o'clock departures with a total length of two kilometers are lit up for night skiing.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
The mountain hut Goral invites you to a cosy stop. In the restaurant as well as on the terrace, winter sports enthusiasts can enjoy a wide selection of Slovak specialities. Friday evening the meal will be accompanied by gypsy music.
Most Difficult Runs
Off the piste there is a lot to do in Donovaly. Paragliding allows you to admire the magnificent surroundings of the ski area from the air. If you don't like to float in high air, you can race down into the valley on the toboggan run. A ride on a snowmobile also promises fun and action. Ice skaters can prove their talent on the ice rink at the valley station and there are various cross-country trails to choose from. If you prefer it quiet and romantic, you can take a ride in a horse-drawn sleigh and let yourself be drawn through the winter landscape snuggled in warmly. Donovaly also offers the possibility of a social bowling evening.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
With the car
The Snow Donovaly Park is conveniently located on the E77 motorway, the link between southern and northern Slovakia. From Vienna, Budapest, Krakow and Brun it takes about three hours to reach the ski area. Free parking is available on site.
By public transport
The nearest airports are in Letisko Sliač (35 km) Poprad (110 km) and Žilina (100 km). From there there are bus and train connections to the ski area. There are also regular bus connections from many other Slovak cities to Donovaly.