- The vertical drop from summit to base is 840 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 734 m. The highest point of the track is 1,620 m above sea level.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Austria.
- Season starts on 2 Dec and ends on 2 Apr (121 days). Average season duration in Austria is 114 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (2 Dec to 2 Apr) is 109 cm at summit elevation and 66 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 128 cm at summit elevation and 82 cm at the base.
- Dachstein West features 42 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 42 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 12 sunny days.
You will have lot’s of fun and action on our fun-pistes like snowcross tracks, race- and mogul-pistes and in the great snowpark in the skiregion Dachstein West - Gosau-Russbach-Annaberg. On the “Marcel-Hirscher – Race-Track” you follow in the footsteps of the ski-superstar. According to our slogan “Pure fun! On and off the piste“ there are several offers off the piste – like geocaching and our cosy huts.
Fun for the whole family
Our skiregion is family-friendly and offers lot’s of fun for kids and service for their parents. Kids can learn skiing with our professional ski schools on several rope tows and kids’ camps like the “Rookie-Park“ in Russbach, the „Kid´s Cross Ötscherpark“ in Gosau and the „Youngsters freestyle park“ in Annaberg.
Kids older than 1 year have fun, play games and find friends in the kids club Spatzennest, or they take a nap in the cosy sleeping alcove.Mor information at www.dachstein.at