- The vertical drop from summit to base is 840 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 720 m. The highest point of the track is 1,620 m above sea level.
- Dachstein West is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Austria.
- Season starts on 3 Dec and ends on 2 Apr (120 days). Average season duration in Austria is 124 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (3 Dec to 2 Apr) is 82 cm at summit elevation and 61 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 98 cm at summit elevation and 76 cm at the base.
- Dachstein West features 69 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 69 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 19 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in Salzburg.
- Offering 77 km of slopes and terrain, Dachstein West is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
You will have lot’s of fun and action on our fun-pistes like snowcross tracks, race- and mogul-pistes and in the great snowpark in the skiregion Dachstein West - Gosau-Russbach-Annaberg. On the “Marcel-Hirscher – Race-Track” you follow in the footsteps of the ski-superstar. According to our slogan “Pure fun! On and off the piste“ there are several offers off the piste – like geocaching and our cosy huts.
Fun for the whole family
Our skiregion is family-friendly and offers lot’s of fun for kids and service for their parents. Kids can learn skiing with our professional ski schools on several rope tows and kids’ camps like the “Rookie-Park“ in Russbach, the „Kid´s Cross Ötscherpark“ in Gosau and the „Youngsters freestyle park“ in Annaberg.
Kids older than 1 year have fun, play games and find friends in the kids club Spatzennest, or they take a nap in the cosy sleeping alcove.Mor information at www.dachstein.at