- Offering 2595 acres of slopes and terrain, Crystal Mountain Resort is the largest ski resort in Washington.
- Crystal Mountain Resort is the the best rated ski resort in Washington.
- Elevated between 4400 ft and 7011 ft, the Ski Resort is the highest elevated Ski Resorts in Washington. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2612 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1184 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Nov 28 and ends on Apr 19 (143 days). Average season duration in the USA is 118 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Nov 28 to Apr 19) is 79 " at summit elevation and 51 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 108 " at summit elevation and 70 " at the base. This makes Crystal Mountain Resort the ski resort with the best snow conditions in Washington.
The Ski Resort
Crystal Mountain is BIG. With its 1,052 hectares featuring over 50 trails it is Washington's largest ski area. Crystal Mountain impresses mainly with its variety: whether you prefer gentle cruising on groomed trails, steep challenging terrain or some backcountry adventure, Crystal Mountain is the place to be! It is well equipped with lifts so you can have more time on the trails and spend less time waiting.
Although most of the terrain is labelled intermediate or expert, Crystal is still a great area for beginners. Dive into the winter wonderland and learn to ski or snowboard. An excellent group of instructors will help you to quickly become a confident skier or rider. You can choose from a variety of programmes. The school is open for kids as well as adults. Lessons are divided by age, so everyone can learn in a comfortable environment. The snowsports school is not only a place for beginners. There are several courses that explicitly address advanced and expert skiers and riders. For example, the Crystal Mountain Freeride Program where your coaches are some of the best freeride skiers in Washington. Furthermore, there is the Guided Mountain Tour. Experience the Mountain like never before and get off-piste access.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
Crystal Mountain features a number of on-mountain dining options. At Summit House Restaurant you find a variety of hearty meals with hot and cold drinks as well as a stunning view of the surrounding mountain panorama. Campbell Basin Lodge features a food court along with works of famous artist Warren Miller. For a quick breakfast or lunch, try the cafeteria style Cascade Grill. Chinook Café is the place to go for a cup of coffee and a quick snack.
Apart from skiing and snowboarding, another great winter activity is an Alpine Wilderness Snowshoe Tour. Experience great nature, scenic views and discover the secrets of the mountain!
Après-Ski and Nightlife
At Bullwheel you get burgers, sandwiches, and appetizers along with micro-brews and specialty drinks. While families are welcome in the main restaurant, there is a 21+ bar area as well. If you're looking for live entertainment, check out Fireside Cafe. Grab a drink or a snack and enjoy live music on most Saturdays and holidays throughout the season.
Crystal Mountain Resort is located just 90 minutes from Tacoma and 105 minutes from Seattle. A daily shuttle service gets you from Seattle to the resort and back.