- Host of the FIS Ski World Cup on December 21 & 22, 2018 (Ladies' Slalom / Giant Slalom). More information...
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,600 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 866 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 2,700 m.
- Season starts on 2 Dec and ends on 22 Apr (141 days). Average season duration in France is 120 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (2 Dec to 22 Apr) is 179 cm at summit elevation and 108 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 232 cm at summit elevation and 155 cm at the base.
- Courchevel features 59 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 61 sunny days. April is the sunniest month with an average of 15 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
The ski resort Courchevel in the French Alps is one of the 4 regions which together constitute the mega ski resort Trois Vallées.
Courchevel is composed of 3 boroughs. The price level has certain parallels to the altitude of the boroughs. One mostly encounters families with children in the lowest of the districts at 1550m.Only 100m in altitude upwards one frequently runs across the fun, party and nightlife –hungry athletes. And the highest located of the 3 boroughs is home to exclusive hotels and gourmet restaurants catering to all those that are in search of luxury.
The ski resort itself features 150 km of versified trails for all ability levels. Novices are especially catered to with the “Zen-Zones” where they can practice “first steps” on skis or board without any disturbance by more skilled winter athletes. Professional guidance if needed is also available of course.
453 employees guarantee permanent area security on and off the groomed slopes. Snow machines make sure slopes keep covered by a nice blanket of snow at all times.