Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
For those who mainly want to improve their skiing abilities before trying out the more challenging slopes of the Chamonix Valley, the ski area Domaine de Balme provides a perfect basis.
Being the one resort that is situated furthest away from Chamonix, you will have to calculate an extra 20 minutes to get there. At the resort itself you will encounter a number of 22 well groomed and gently swung trails. As the skiing area is of largest interest to beginners, it is, compared to the others in the area of Chamonix, the quietest. At Col de Balme, the nicely prepared trails for beginners and intermediates will help the young and the old to improve or refresh their skiing abilities.
The area also offers great possibilities of off piste skiing, providing a good basis for those who want to experience the fun of powder snow for the first time.
Whether you want to learn how to ski, instruct your family and friends or simply enjoy a relaxed
and quiet skiing atmosphere – Col de Balme will be a great place for your winter holiday.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 3235 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2644 ft. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 7382 ft.
- Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 52 " at summit elevation and 14 " at the base.