The Ski Resort
Located 26 km from the city of Ushuaia in the Argentine province of Tierra del Fuego, Cerro Castor offers one of the longest seasons in Argentina with a standard season taking place between June and October. What's more is that Cerro Castor is the southernmost ski resort in the world - so, yes, it is worth checking out!
Offering great views across the Chilean border, the facilities and services here are well developed and include excellent grooming and cozy on-mountain huts. By South American standards, the lift infrastructure is quite state-of-the-art.
With 650 hectares/1,600 acres of skiable terrain, 12 lifts and 33 runs - four of which are connecting runs. So, winter sports enthusiasts are to enjoy 5 extreme runs, 4 intermediate and 11 advanced runs, as well as 9 easy slopes; snowshoeing, backcountry skiing, cross-country skiing, sleigh rides or rides with snowmobiles are some more activities and things to check out here.
- Offering 18 miles of slopes and terrain, Cerro Castor is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Argentina.
- Cerro Castor is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Argentina.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Argentina.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2828 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Argentina is 2772 ft. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 3468 ft.
- Snow coverage is usually best during September, offering an average snow depth of 50 " at summit elevation and 16 " at the base.
- Cerro Castor features 1 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Argentina is 2 sunny days. September is the sunniest month with an average of 1 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in Argentina.