Cauterets County is located in the Départment Hautes – Pyrénées. The Pyrenees although not the highest mountain range to be found in France is a wonderful winter vacation destination off the beaten track! The large variety of different activities makes sure there is something for every winter-athlete’s fancy! A total of six lift facilities take the winter athletes up and around the 21 versatile trails. Cross country skiers have an abundance of cross country ski runs at their disposal and snowboarders can test their skills in the terrain park on a variety of obstacles.
Family friendliness is spelled in capital letters in Cauterets. Even the youngest visitors can safely venture onto the slopes. The different toboggan trails are definitely a family fun factor.
The region profits of its extraordinary untouched nature guaranteeing recreation and peace for all visitors.
No matter whether you seek peace and quiet in the great outdoors or whether you are looking for an active winter holiday, Cauterets provides for all fancies!
- Elevated between 1,730 m and 2,450 m, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in the Pyrenees. The vertical drop from summit to base is 720 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 867 m.
- Cauterets is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in the Pyrenees.
- Season starts on 1 Dec and ends on 22 Apr (142 days). Average season duration in France is 120 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (1 Dec to 22 Apr) is 210 cm at summit elevation and 151 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 287 cm at summit elevation and 207 cm at the base. Therefore Cauterets is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in the Pyrenees.
- Cauterets features 58 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 61 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 15 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in the Pyrenees.
- Offering 36 km of slopes and terrain, Cauterets is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in the Pyrenees.