The way we see it, Castle Mountain is the epitome of skiing in Canada. If you're into modern lifts and reliant on wifi, you are out of place here. In return, you get unique experiences such as...
The Ski Resort
Castle Mountain sits in the best surroundings possible. Surrounded by the Rocky Mountains and charming river valleys you’ll be overwhelmed by the beauty of nature. The resort itself invites with over 3,500 skiable acres, two mountains and a total of 104 trails. Three terrain parks are designed to make a freestyler’s pulse race faster. The summit featuring a height of 7,463 feet so you get to actually see British Columbia’s backyard. The season depends on weather conditions but usually ranges between Mid December and Mid April. It pretty much welcomes skiers of all levels, abilities and sizes and it’s known for being super kid-friendly.
15 percent are dedicated to beginner skiers, 40 percent please the needs of intermediate winter athletes and 35 percent are reserved for those who need an advanced difficulty level. If you need an extra kick, check out the leaving 10 percent for expert skiing. Cat skiing is definitely a topic at Castle Mountain. The resort’s powder Stagecoach will take you on a backcountry adventure boasting open bowls and immense powder stashes. Take the Huckleberry chair up to start into the craziness.
A ton of trails start from the Main Mountain Base. Grab the Huckleberry Triple Chair and you’ll drop into a handful of blue and green trails. The green Buffalo Flats run gives you access to the Cinch Fork lift. From there you can hit the Bowl Easy Out. You can also start from the valley with Trex T-Bar, which brings you to the Enchanted Forest trail. An awesome spot for tree skiing lovers! Sundance Triple chair gives you a ride to blue and black runs while the Green chair services green trails only. Perfect for beginners and children!
From mid-mountain you can take Tamarack chair to find all the blacks and deep bowls every expert skier is dreaming of. Generally spoken, the further you’re skiing down, the easier are the trails.
The peak of Gravenstafel Mountain is a mekka for skiers and riders who already gained some knowlegde. There is no end to exploring you can do on the mountain expert-wise. Extremely challenging are the Double Diamond black trails like ‚Zero‘, ‚Murphy’s Law‘ and ‚Gambler‘. The names really speak for themselves! Tree skiing, high piles of snow and gladed parts- every advanced skier will be in skier’s heaven!
The Rawhide Slopestyle Park is located on lower Tumbleweed. From here you can access the jump line from Upper Lone Ranger and you can easily check out the much easier rails in Tumbleweed.
- Offering 3499 acres of slopes and terrain, Castle Mountain Resort is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Canada.
- Castle Mountain Resort is among the 15 best rated Ski Resorts in Canada.
- Elevated between 4626 ft and 7457 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Canada. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2831 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Canada is 1178 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Average snow depth during the season is 67 " at summit elevation and 26 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 84 " at summit elevation and 34 " at the base. Therefore Castle Mountain Resort is among the 15 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Canada.
- Castle Mountain Resort features 15 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Canada is 12 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 8 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in Canada.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
Most Difficult Runs
There are tons of non-skiing activities in Castle Mountain. If you’re into shopping, make sure you visit the Outdoor Outlet where you’ll find all the popular outdoor brands. Save up to 70 percent in the store that is open seven days a week.
You want to relax your sore muscles? Head to the Pincher Creek Pool& Hot Tub where you can swim some laps or just hang in the hot tub. Horse sleigh-rides are the perfect getaway from daily life with your significant other. When there’s enough snow on the ground, sleigh rides are an option for speeding friends.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Infrastructure & Rental
It’s easy to reach Castle Mountain. It is located about 2.5 hours from Calgary and 1.5 hours from Lethbridge. It’s also 1.5 hours from the Carway US border crossing and the Roosville US border crossing. Best airport for international connections is the Calgary International Airport. You’ll find every known rental car company and you can compare prices to get to the resort the cheapest way.