Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
With 70 acres of skiable terrain, 22 runs and 6 lifts, the Canyon Ski Resort located 9 km east of Red Deer, on the banks of the Red Deer River in Alberta, Canada is an outstanding family ski area. Apart from a terrain park, super pipe, and a snow tube park, the resort offers a rustic lodge, a cafeteria and a cozy lounge. Two chair lifts, two T-bars and a magic carpet transport more than 5,000 people per hour which makes for a day on the slopes with a maximization of runs. The resort's snow-making system covers almost the whole area and thus ensures great conditions throughout the season. Canyon was also one of the first Canadian resorts to use artificial snowmaking equipment, hence it was one of the first ski areas to open in Canada. Some of its main runs are Sun Deck and Powderhorn.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 479 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Canada is 1155 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 2949 ft.
- Canyon Ski Resort Red Deer features 73 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Canada is 38 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in Canada.