Small but nice! Surrounded by the larger ski resorts of la Gruyere, La Chia offers the sportsman a small but still a nice skiing area. Equipped with 2 ski lifts and 2 easy slopes of 3km lenth, La Chia will not provide the ideal skiing possibilities for everyone, however it is a very nice basis for practicing in a relaxed atmosphere. Visitors should be aware of the opening hours of the lift stations. They are usually open on Saturdays and Sundays throughout the season. The opportunity to park right next to the lift station makes La Chia to a gem if you are looking for a well-arranged practice area for skiing trips at the weekend.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 300 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Switzerland is 886 m. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 1,300 m.
- The day pass at Bulle La Chia is CHF20 making it one of the 10 cheapest ski Resorts in Switzerland.
- It is known to be the most family-friendly ski resort in the Fribourg region.
- Season starts on 4 Dec and ends on 30 Mar (116 days). Average season duration in Switzerland is 114 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (4 Dec to 30 Mar) is 14 cm at summit elevation and 8 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during December, offering an average snow depth of 17 cm at summit elevation and 10 cm at the base.
- Bulle La Chia features 40 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Switzerland is 42 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 11 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)