The Ski Resort
Visit Bretton Woods, New Hampshire's largest ski area with 464 acres of skiing and snowboarding on 63 trails and 35 glades! Ten lifts, including the new Bretton Woods Skyway 8-Passenger Gondola and four high-speed quads, make your ride up the mountain almost as fun as the ride down.
The Bretton Woods Ski School offers a variety of programs and packages that will certainly meet any needs. Group lessons are available for adults and teens (13+); lessons and for Private and Semi-Private lessons we can accommodate a wide range of ages. For kids ages 4-12, the Hobbit Ski & Snowboard Programs at Bretton Woods are designed to introduce children to the fun of winter snow sports.
However, Bretton Woods is more than just ski and ride.Guests of all ages can enjoy a wide array of outdoor activities in the majestic White Mountains, including sleigh rides, skating, tubing and more. Or for the ultimate winter thrill, try a Guided Adventure of the Bretton Woods Canopy Tour- a high-flying experience in the trees and above the slopes.
The resort is home to a 25,000-square-foot spa that brings the outdoors inside to treatment rooms with sweeping views of Mount Washington, the Presidential Range and Crawford Notch. Our Signature treatments feature custom Mountain Mist products rich with traditional New England botanicals that have been used for centuries to soothe sore muscles, smooth and protect the skin and reduce inflammation.
Across the grounds of the historic Mount Washington Resort and the White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire, the Bretton Woods Nordic Center is one of the largest cross country ski areas on the East Coast. The 100 kilometer trail network crosses open fields, meanders through woods of spruce and fir, passes beaver ponds and mountain streams, and traverses open hardwood stands. Come for classical and skate skiing as well as snowshoeing on trails prepared with our state-of-the-art grooming tools.
- Offering 462 acres of slopes and terrain, Bretton Woods Ski Area is the largest ski resort in New Hampshire.
- Bretton Woods Ski Area is the the best rated ski resort in New Hampshire.
- Elevated between 1601 ft and 3100 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in New Hampshire. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1499 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1201 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 35 " at summit elevation and 19 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 38 " at summit elevation and 20 " at the base. Therefore Bretton Woods Ski Area is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in New Hampshire.
- Bretton Woods Ski Area features 56 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 62 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
- Latitude 44 Restaurant
- Slopeside Restaurant & Pub
- Lacy Crawford's Food Court
- Mount Stickney Cabin
- The Spa at Omni Mount Washington Resort
- Canopy Tours
- Sleigh Rides
- Nordic Skiing
- Guided Backcountry Skiing
- Indoor Climbing Wall
- Winter Fat Bikes
Dining and Restaurants
Dining options are available from summit to base! From a four-course meal with that special someone to a casual cocktail with friends, dining in Bretton Woods is a feast for all your senses. The Omni Mount Washington Resort offers a variety of options throughout the resort with 12 different restaurants and pubs.
Infrastructure & Rental
The Rental and Repair Shop at Bretton Woods is here to outfit you with all the equipment you will need for a day on the slopes. Check out our rental rates, hi-performance demo rentals, and guide to renting. We also have a full-service repair shop in the event your skis or board need a tune or repairs. Reservations for rental equipment can be made online in advance.