- Elevated between 1601 ft and 3100 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in New Hampshire. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1499 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1184 ft.
- Bretton Woods Ski Area is the the best rated ski resort in New Hampshire.
- Season starts on Nov 29 and ends on Apr 8 (130 days). Average season duration in the USA is 119 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Nov 29 to Apr 8) is 37 " at summit elevation and 20 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 41 " at summit elevation and 21 " at the base. Therefore Bretton Woods Ski Area is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in New Hampshire.
- Bretton Woods Ski Area features 54 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 58 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 15 sunny days.
- Offering 460 acres of slopes and terrain, Bretton Woods Ski Area is the largest ski resort in New Hampshire.
The Ski Resort
Bretton Woods is New Hampshire´s biggest ski area. It offers 175 hectares of pure winter fun with 101 trails and glades that are served by 10 lifts. Bretton Woods is a ski resort for individuals of all ability levels. Even as an experienced skier or rider you will enjoy the trails here. There are 112 hectares of advanced and expert runs where you can test your limits.
Beginners may approach the Red Carpet Ski School. It offers a variety of programs and packages that will certainly meet your needs. These are separated not only by age but also by experience. Thus, you will always get the best instructions. Since skiing is a family sport there are also family packages. Learn skiing with your whole family! There are two instructors so everyone can be taught according to their needs.
Bretton Woods has four terrain parks that progress from small to big across the mountain. There is a selection of features that will please everyone. If it is your first time in a park you can book lessons at the Red Carpet Ski School. An experienced instructor will introduce you to the world of jumps and tricks.
However, Bretton Woods is more than just ski and ride. There are a lot more activities available. Go snow tubing and get a real thrill riding down the hill. You can go solo or grab someone for a tandem ride. It´s real fun and you don´t need any experience for tubing!
Moreover, there is a Nordic center with a 100km trail system. Explore over 50 trails and experience nature´s beauty. The trails pass mountain streams and beaver ponds meandering through the woods.
Looking for something special? Go dog sledding! Just enjoy gliding across beautiful winter wonder land and relax. It´s an experience that you will never forget!