- Offering 415 acres of slopes and terrain, Boyne Mountain is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Michigan.
- Boyne Mountain is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Michigan.
- Season starts on Dec 20 and ends on Mar 29 (100 days). Average season duration in the USA is 111 days.
- During the season (from Dec 20 till Mar 29) the average snow depth at Boyne Mountain is 37 ". Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average base depth of 39 ".
- Boyne Mountain features 23 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 44 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 11 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
Boyne Mountain is one of the two mountains at Boyne which is one of the biggest four season vacation sites in the Midwest. It features 60 runs, the longest of them stretching to one mile. The trails are for all levels of ability. No matter if you are a beginner or a very experienced winter sportsman you will certainly enjoy these runs. Boredom is not an option at Boyne Mountain!
There are several terrain parks available with one superpipe and two further half pipe that will make snowboarders happy.The staff at the SnowSports Academy will help beginners to become skilled skiers and riders. Yet, safety and fun always come first. There is a wide range of programs and clinics that will meet everyone´s needs. For example, there are special ladies programs and freestyle clinics. A visit at the SnowSports Academy might also be helpful if you already have some experience but want to brush up your skills.
However, activities are not limited to skiing and snowboarding at Boyne Mountain. There are lots and lots of things to do. Go ice skating, dog sledding, snowshoeing or cross country skiing. There are 70km of groomed tracks available at Boyne.
If you´re looking for a special experience you might like to try dog sledding which is an activity that you cannot try everywhere! Some recreation needed? Check out the spa and get a massage or relax in the hot tub. No matter which activities you choose you will certainly not forget your vacation at Boyne Mountain!
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Infrastructure & Rental
Boyne Mountain is about 250 Miles north of Detroit.