The Ski Resort
Boyne Highlands is the perfect spot to spend your winter vacation. It offers everything a winter sports enthusiast can ask for. Boyne Highland is more than just skiing and snowboarding. Here you can try almost any winter sport you can imagine. The bargain ranges from snow tubing, ice skating and dog sledding to cross country skiing and snow shoeing.
But first things first. Boyne Highlands offers 176 hectares with 54 runs that are served by 8 lifts. The trails are designed for all levels of ability. Thus, everyone will find their favorite run.
There are several terrain parks available with one super pipe that will keep snowboarders happy.Not matter if you are a beginner or if you just want to gain some confidence or acquire some new skills you can head to the SnowSports Academy. It offers a wide range of different programs and clinics. Certainly, you will find a program that meets your needs.
However, as mentioned before, there is a lot more to experience at Boyne Highland. Cross Country skiers will be happy to hear that there are more than 100 km of groomed trails available. It´s ideal for the whole family!
If you are looking for something very special dog sledding might be the right choice for you. Choose between 1/2 hour and 1 hour rides. A ride usually accommodated 2 adults or one adult and two small children.
Some recreation needed? Just visit the nearby spa at Boyne Mountain. Relaxing massages and hot tubs are awaiting you!
- Offering 437 acres of slopes and terrain, Boyne Highlands is the largest ski resort in Michigan.
- Boyne Highlands is the the best rated ski resort in Michigan.
- It is known to be the most family-friendly ski resort in Michigan.
- During the season the average snow depth at Boyne Highlands is 35 ". Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average base depth of 40 ".
- Boyne Highlands features 18 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 52 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 7 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Boyne Highlands Resort is about 280 Miles north of Detroit.