The Ski Resort
Beech Mountain Redort is located in North Carolina and is the highest ski resort in eastern North America boasting an elevation of 1678 meters. All in all there are 7 lifts and 16 runs. 3 trails are groomed for beginners, 4 are most difficult runs and 7 are best for seasoned skiers and riders. Moreover, Beech Mountain offers a lot for freestylers. There are 2 terrain parks available offering numerous obstacles of different difficulty levels.
Yet, it is mainly Beech Mountain´s Alpine Village that creates a unique cozy atmosphere. Here you´ll find everything you need: from ski service/rental to restaurants and charming coffee houses. In addition, there are many extra activities to do here such as ice skating.
- Offering 94 acres of slopes and terrain, Beech Mountain Resort is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in North Carolina.
- Beech Mountain Resort is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in North Carolina.
- Elevated between 4675 ft and 5505 ft, the Ski Resort is the highest elevated Ski Resorts in North Carolina. The vertical drop from summit to base is 830 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1188 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 44 " at summit elevation and 13 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 67 " at summit elevation and 20 " at the base. This makes Beech Mountain Resort the ski resort with the best snow conditions in North Carolina.
- Beech Mountain Resort features 61 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 53 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days.