- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in California.
- Elevated between 7139 ft and 8802 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in California. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1663 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1184 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Nov 22 and ends on Apr 13 (143 days). Average season duration in the USA is 118 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Nov 22 to Apr 13) is 17 " at summit elevation and 6 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 24 " at summit elevation and 12 " at the base. Therefore Bear Mountain Resort is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in California.
- Bear Mountain Resort features 103 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 62 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 24 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in the USA.
The Ski Resort
Bear Mountain is located in the San Bernardino National Forest about ninety miles from Los Angeles. It has 3 Terrain Parks that offer everything a snowboarder´s and skier´s heart can desire. Check out the pipes and show your tricks! Besides a standard half pipe there is also a 180 meter super pipe. Bear Mountain also has a double black run that will even please the most courageous skier and snowboarder.
Lodging is located on site so it only requires a few steps to get to the next lift. Throughout the resort there is a variety of restaurants and coffee shops available that offer great snacks an meals for hungry snow enthusiasts. Why not take a break? Enjoy the sun on the great sundeck and relax for a while before hitting the trails again.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Bear Mountain is located in the San Bernardino National Forest about ninety miles from Los Angeles.