The Ski Resort
Bardonecchia, is a mountain resort in the heart of the upper part of Val di Susa (just 90 Km from Turin with its international railway station and the line from Turin to Modane). It is easy to reach and is a resort which combines the charm of a small mountain village with the modern face of a city.
Bardonecchia has been a well-known summer and winter resort since the beginning of the 20th century and over the years it has grown to become one of the most popular tourist resorts in the whole of the Alpine region.
In 2006 it hosted the Snowboard competitions of the Winter Olympics. In the winter Bardonecchia is a real paradise for skiers and snowboarders and in the summer it is a lively tourist resort for holidaymakers looking for sporting activity, biking, history, culture and most of all nature.
The resort is geared up for tourists of all types with local restaurants, wine bars, pubs, pizzeria, discos, bars, a cinema and numerous sporting activities. There are also amusement arcades, music events, theatre and many other cultural and sporting events.
- Offering 62 miles of slopes and terrain, Bardonecchia is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Piedmont.
- Bardonecchia is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Piedmont.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Piedmont.
- Elevated between 4304 ft and 9186 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Piedmont. The vertical drop from summit to base is 4882 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Italy is 2710 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 70 " at summit elevation and 28 " at the base. This makes Bardonecchia the ski resort with the best snow conditions in Piedmont.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Bardonecchia means having the possibility to enjoy completely our sport passions:
a bike park which is one of the largest in Europe: 400km of trails dedicated to free ride, cross country, downhill, junior park and then…a real paradise for excursions, which will lead you as far as the 3000 m of glacier Sommeiller.
Bardonecchia is a real paradise for skiing and snowboard, thanks to its 100 km of slopes, always perfectly prepared, also with the snowmaking program and its 200 teachers and instructors. This is all enriched by the Olympic inheritance: Snowpark at Melezet and Olympic Half Pipe.
Bardonecchia is sport at 360 degrees, alone or in company; it’s the ideal place for people who love doing a healthy sport activity, always.
For lovers of winter:
skiing , cross- country skiing, snowboard, telemark, snow rackets for naturalistic and cultural excursions, during day or night, winter trekking, ice-skating, horse riding /or slide on the snow, excursions on snowcat, alpine skiing and freeride, suntan at high altitude after a delicious hot polenta…
Dining and Restaurants
You can find all restaurants at the following link