The Ski Resort
Bakuriani ski resort is one of the most popular ski areas in Georgia, and consists of several small resorts that are not connected. Skiers and snowboarders have a total of 29km/18mi of slopes at their disposal. Bakuriani is especially popular among families and young people. Due to varying difficulty levels on the runs, the ski resort is suitable for all skiers.
- Didveli: At Didveli, you can find 8 runs for different skill levels, with a total length of 16km/9.9mi. The slopes feature snow-making facilities. Nighskiing is possible from 17:00 to 21:30.
- Kokhta: Kokhta features one ski lift and a total 3.1km/1.9mi of slopes. From the base station at 1,725m/5,659ft you can get up to an elevation of 2,157m/7,077ft above sea level. The ski lift was reopened in 2016, after 30 years.
- Mitarbi: The Georgian mountain village Mitarbi is located only 4km/2.5mi from Bakuriani. The three si lifts get you to the top station at 2,000m/6,562ft above sea level.
- Offering 18 miles of slopes and terrain, Bakuriani is the largest ski resort in Georgia.
- Bakuriani is the the best rated ski resort in Georgia.
- It is known to be the most family-friendly ski resort in Georgia.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1444 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Georgia is 2589 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The highest point of the track is 7152 ft above sea level.
- Bakuriani features 4 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Georgia is 2 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 2 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 1 sunniest in Georgia.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Thanks to its newly renovated infrastructure, Bakuriani is one of the most popular winter sports areas in Georgia. Besides skiing, you can also ride a toboggan, explore the surrounding hills on foot, go cross-country skiing, or simply relax and enjoy the fresh mountain air. At the central park in Bakurami there is also an ice rink.
The youngest skiers and snow boarders can enjoy a large playground, Didveli. Joyland terrain park is fun for the young and the old.
Coming from Tiflis, follow Tbilisi - Senaki - Leselidze Hwy to Charschuri. Take the second exit at the roundabout (ს8). Continue on ს8 until you turn left before Bordschomi onto Tori St. Then, follow Borjomi-Bakurani-Akhalkalaki to the ski resort.