The Ski Resort
There are just 90 km between skiing in Auron and the port city of Nice. This makes the winter sports resort in the Maritime Alps a ski area with Mediterranean flair. Whether beginner or professional, on the different slopes everyone will find the right thing for him.
The area is divided into several areas. For example, snowboarders and freestylers are catered for, with a fun park with half-pipe, rails and tables.
For cross-country skiing enthusiasts, a small circuit and a short trail are offered. However, the Mercantour National Park with its icy waterfalls offers an excellent environment for ice climbers.
- Offering 84 miles of slopes and terrain, Auron is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in France.
- Auron is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2789 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2687 ft. The highest point of the track is 8038 ft above sea level.
- Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 44 " at summit elevation and 29 " at the base. Therefore Auron is among the 15 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in France.