Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
- Lift tickets must be purchased in advance
New in the 2020/2021 season:
New Arizona Gondola replaces Agassiz lift. The new high-speed lift combines six-person chairs and eight-person gondola cabins
The Ski Resort
Opening in 1938 Arizona Snowbowl is one of the oldest ski resorts in the whole U.S. It is located in the stunning San Francisco Peaks about 2 hours away from Phoenix, 40 minutes from Sedona and only one hour from the Grand Canyon.
The ski area offers 40+ trails, 777 skiable acres, 6 lifts, open bowl and tree skiing . The state-of-the-art snowmaking system guarantees 120+ days of skiing from early December through early April.
Beginners are advised to take lessons at the local ski school with our qualified and experienced staff. The Ski & Ride school is registered with the Professional Ski Instructors of America and the American Association of Snowboard instructors. Rental Shop features the top of the line skiing and boarding equipment. Arizona’s best terrain park offers many jumps, and other features of various difficulty.
- Offering 776 acres of slopes and terrain, Arizona Snowbowl is the largest ski resort Arizona.
- Arizona Snowbowl is the the best rated ski resort Arizona.
- It is known to be the most family-friendly ski resort Arizona.
- Elevated between 9199 ft and 11499 ft, the Ski Resort is the highest elevated Ski Resorts Arizona. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2300 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1201 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Average snow depth during the season is 31 " at summit elevation and 39 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 43 " at summit elevation and 56 " at the base. This makes Arizona Snowbowl the ski resort with the best snow conditions Arizona.
- Arizona Snowbowl features 132 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 77 sunny days. April is the sunniest month with an average of 27 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in the USA.