- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Lower Austria.
- Elevated between 4429 ft and 5226 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Lower Austria. The vertical drop from summit to base is 797 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2356 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short.
- Season starts on Dec 28 and ends on Mar 15 (78 days). Average season duration in Austria is 177 days.
- The day pass at Arabichl – Kirchberg am Wechsel is €18 making it one of the 5 cheapest ski Resorts in Lower Austria.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 28 to Mar 15) is 15 " at summit elevation and 14 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during April, offering an average snow depth of 24 " at summit elevation and 20 " at the base. Therefore Arabichl – Kirchberg am Wechsel is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Lower Austria.
- Arabichl – Kirchberg am Wechsel features 39 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 39 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
The ski area of the Arabich lifts in Kirchberg am Wechsel offers families and beginners attractive downhill runs. A total of 2.3 kilometres of slopes attract winter sports fans to the area in Lower Austria.
Thanks to the altitude of up to 1350 metres, natural snow can be expected here. A 650 meter long T-bar lift transports the skiers and snowboarders to the Arabichl. From there, three family tracks lead back down to the valley. For more experienced skiers, the forest descent or the race slope will take you back to the bottom station of the lift.
Important: The lift only runs on weekends (except during the Christmas and semester holidays)!
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
For cross-country skiing fans there are 100 kilometres of groomed tracks available on which you can glide through a snow-covered winter landscape.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
The Arabichl lift at Steyersberger Schwaig in Kirchberg am Wechsel can be reached via the A2 (exit Aspang/Edlitz). Alternatively one can arrive also over the S6 and take the departure Gloggnitz.