Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- No Après Ski
- Staff testing on regular basis
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
The Annaberg ski area with its 12.5 km of pistes is a popular winter holiday destination, especially with families. The area in Lower Austria is very clearly laid out and, due to numerous modernisations in recent years, equipped with the latest lift technology. For beginners there are numerous blue marked slopes and more experienced skiers like to take the Fis Abfahrt 1a.
The largest ski school in Lower Austria teaches the first basic techniques to the kids. There are specially equipped children's slopes and a children's playground available for this purpose. Here in Anna-Land the children are especially happy about the fairytale forest with speaking animals.
The Anna-Park attracts freestylers with obstacles, kickers, a wave track and a steep turn. In addition, a ski and boardercross course promises a lot of fun and adrenaline.
For Ski Mountaineers the slopes 1a, 1b and 3 are open every Thursday evening from 17 to 20:30. After the ascent one has earned the stop in the Anna-Alm, which is open until 8 pm.
- Offering 8 miles of slopes and terrain, Annaberg is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Lower Austria.
- Annaberg is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Lower Austria.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Lower Austria.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1345 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2359 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 4265 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 20 " at summit elevation and 16 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 21 " at summit elevation and 17 " at the base. Therefore Annaberg is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Lower Austria.
- Annaberg features 42 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 45 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 21 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
On the mountain the Anna-Alm and the Eisbaris perfekt for hungry and thirsty winter sportsmen. Down in the valley you can sweep in the Teichstüberl and in the Reidlhütte. A winter walk takes you from the ski area car park to the village of Annaberg, where you can rest in Gastro restaurant.
A lot is also offered off the slopes in Annaberg. The area in the Mostviertel with a view of the Ötscher invites you to go winter hiking and cross-country skiing enthusiasts will be delighted by the two groomed cross-country ski runs. A horse-drawn carriage ride through the snow-covered landscape is also idyllic.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Coming from Vienna you can reach the ski area in less than two hours via the A1. Then take the B20 to Annaberg.
With public transport
The Marieazell Railway takes you comfortably and environmentally friendly to Annaberg. Thanks to the four panorama carriages you can enjoy the view of the mountains in peace and quiet.