Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- No Après Ski
The Ski Resort
Ankogel Bahnen Mallnitz is located in the heart of the Austrian Alps. A familiar ski region with pists above the tree line, every degree of difficulty and a lot of sun on sunny days.
- Ankogel Mallnitz is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Carinthia.
- Elevated between 3937 ft and 8652 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Carinthia. The vertical drop from summit to base is 4715 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2359 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Dec 12 and ends on Mar 28 (106 days). Average season duration in Austria is 124 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 12 to Mar 28) is 63 " at summit elevation and 20 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 69 " at summit elevation and 23 " at the base. Therefore Ankogel Mallnitz is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Carinthia.
- Ankogel Mallnitz features 51 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 52 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Most Difficult Runs
Infrastructure & Rental
Affiliate Ski SchoolsOffered Skiing Lessons Ankogel Mallnitz
Affiliate ShopsSki Rentals Ankogel Mallnitz (3)
You can easily come by car to Mallnitz. Additional you can choose the train to the EC/IC trainstation Mallnitz-Obervellach which has direct connections to Salzburg, Klagenfurt and Vienna and also some cities in Germany. If you will choose the plane you can arrive via Klagenfurt or Salzburg. From both airports are shuttles offered.