- Elevated between 1,200 m and 2,637 m, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Carinthia. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,437 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 718 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Ankogel Mallnitz is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Carinthia.
- Season starts on 23 Dec and ends on 2 Apr (100 days). Average season duration in Austria is 119 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (23 Dec to 2 Apr) is 90 cm at summit elevation and 42 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 128 cm at summit elevation and 36 cm at the base. Therefore Ankogel Mallnitz is among the 10 Ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Carinthia.
- Ankogel Mallnitz features 33 sunny days on average per season. The average for all Ski Resorts in Austria is 41 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 11 sunny days.
Ankogel Bahnen Mallnitz is located in the heart of the Austrian Alps. A familiar ski region with pists above the tree line, every degree of difficulty and a lot of sun on sunny days.
You can easily come by car to Mallnitz. Additional you can choose the train to the EC/IC trainstation Mallnitz-Obervellach which has direct connections to Salzburg, Klagenfurt and Vienna and also some cities in Germany. If you will choose the plane you can arrive via Klagenfurt or Salzburg. From both airports are shuttles offered.