- Elevated between 1,200 m and 2,637 m, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Carinthia. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,437 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 720 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Ankogel Mallnitz is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Carinthia.
- Season starts on 16 Dec and ends on 2 Apr (107 days). Average season duration in Austria is 124 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (16 Dec to 2 Apr) is 90 cm at summit elevation and 41 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 126 cm at summit elevation and 34 cm at the base. Therefore Ankogel Mallnitz is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Carinthia.
- Ankogel Mallnitz features 58 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 59 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days.
Ankogel Bahnen Mallnitz is located in the heart of the Austrian Alps. A familiar ski region with pists above the tree line, every degree of difficulty and a lot of sun on sunny days.
You can easily come by car to Mallnitz. Additional you can choose the train to the EC/IC trainstation Mallnitz-Obervellach which has direct connections to Salzburg, Klagenfurt and Vienna and also some cities in Germany. If you will choose the plane you can arrive via Klagenfurt or Salzburg. From both airports are shuttles offered.