- Elevated between 1,200 m and 2,637 m, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Carinthia. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,437 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 724 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Ankogel Mallnitz is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Carinthia.
- Season starts on 23 Dec and ends on 2 Apr (100 days). Average season duration in Austria is 114 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (23 Dec to 2 Apr) is 131 cm at summit elevation and 51 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 144 cm at summit elevation and 58 cm at the base. Therefore Ankogel Mallnitz is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Carinthia.
- Ankogel Mallnitz features 57 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 58 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days.
Ankogel Bahnen Mallnitz is located in the heart of the Austrian Alps. A familiar ski region with pists above the tree line, every degree of difficulty and a lot of sun on sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Most Difficult Runs
Infrastructure & Rental
Ski Rental Shops
You can easily come by car to Mallnitz. Additional you can choose the train to the EC/IC trainstation Mallnitz-Obervellach which has direct connections to Salzburg, Klagenfurt and Vienna and also some cities in Germany. If you will choose the plane you can arrive via Klagenfurt or Salzburg. From both airports are shuttles offered.