- It is known to be the most family-friendly ski resort in New Mexico.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2077 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1184 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 10676 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 8 and ends on Mar 25 (107 days). Average season duration in the USA is 118 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 8 to Mar 25) is 30 " at summit elevation and 29 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 32 " at summit elevation and 32 " at the base.
- Angel Fire Resort features 29 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 17 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 15 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in the USA.
The Ski Resort
Angel Fire Resort has it all: terrain parks, tubing, night skiing. Above all it is famous for its great terrain parks that are among the best ones in North America. For example, Liberation Park was voted American Terrain Park of 2008. Check out the boxes, rails, jumps and tabletops and improve your skills. Not surprisingly, Angel Fire is also called the snowboarding capital of the state.
But also as a skier you´ll enjoy this resort. You may try some tricks in the terrain parks, too, or you just go skiing on 226 hectares of trails. And the best: Skiing fun is not over just because the day is. Extend your rides and go night skiing! But don´t forget to take a break and stop by one of the warm and cozy restaurants and cafeterias to get a cup of tea or coffee to warm yourself.
At the ski school qualified staff will help beginners to make quick progress. However, the focus is always on having fun in winter-wonder-land. Tired from skiing and snowboarding? How about snow tubing? It´s a whole lot of fun and everyone can do it without practicing. The snow tube in Angel Fire is called The Polar Coaster and has three lanes. A moving surface will bring you up the hill again.