The Ski Resort
Alyeska Resort is located in a breathtaking environment. Experience stunning mountain and ocean inlet views that you will never forget. At almost 5000 hectares it is the third biggest state park in the USA. Here you will find everything a skier´s heart desires. You can lodge yourself in Alaska´s only four diamond hotel that has ski in/out access to the trails. The Alyeska Resort Aerial Tramway will bring you on the top where you can enjoy the great view of mountains, hanging glaciers and all the other enchanting things that nature has to offer. Whether you are a beginner or a pro everyone will find the right trail for themselves. Even if you´re a very skilled skier you will find challenging trails.
Alyeska Resort is the training location of Olympic Gold Medalist Tommy Moe. There are two certified downhill courses. If you´re less experienced you´ll find a variety of trails that you´ll certainly going to enjoy. If you´re still a learner you can choose lessons of different levels depending on your experience. Snowboarders may like to attend the Burton-learn-to-ride programs. There are also special programs for disabled persons available.
For those who want to practice some tricks Alyeska Resort offers 2 Terrain Parks and the Alyeska Pipeline Super Pipe that is the only one of its kind in Alaska. If you want to experience something really special you may try night skiing or Heli- and Snowcat-Skiing. No matter what, you´ll definitley enjoy your time at Alyeska Resort.
- Offering 1498 acres of slopes and terrain, Alyeska Resort is the largest ski resort in Alaska.
- Alyeska Resort is the the best rated ski resort in Alaska.
- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Alaska.
- Elevated between 249 ft and 2749 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Alaska. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2500 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1204 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Average snow depth during the season is 123 " at summit elevation and 33 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during April, offering an average snow depth of 154 " at summit elevation and 39 " at the base. Therefore Alyeska Resort is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Alaska.
- Alyeska Resort features 4 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 69 sunny days. April is the sunniest month with an average of 4 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in Alaska.