The Ski Resort
The small winter sports area "Alte Golfwiese" Oberhof is located directly next to the holiday apartment Haus Schmiechen in the Thuringian Forest. For skiing and snowboarding there are 500 meters of piste available. Two rope lifts and a magic carpet take you upstairs. The small ski slope is especially popular with families with children. The easy slope is well suited for first attempts on the skis.
- It is known to be the most family-friendly ski resort in Thuringia.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 82 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Germany is 696 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 2674 ft.
- The day pass at Alte Golfwiese in Oberhof is €12 making it one of the 3 cheapest ski Resorts in Thuringia.
- Average snow depth during the season is 13 " at summit elevation and 8 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 16 " at summit elevation and 11 " at the base.
- Alte Golfwiese in Oberhof features 20 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Germany is 26 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 10 sunny days.
In addition to skiing and snowboarding, the ski area "Alte Golfwiese" Oberhof has a lot to offer. A 200-meter-long toboggan run and a 250-meter-long snow tubing track provide fun and action for the whole family. If you prefer to explore the snow-covered winter landscape in peace and quiet, you can do this with classic cross-country skiing or skating on one of the cross-country trails.
Infrastructure & Rental
Coming from Erfurt, take the A4 to the motorway junction 45-Kreuz Erfurt and then the A71. Leave the motorway at exit 18-Oberhof, take the first exit at the roundabout and continue to Oberhof.
Coming from Schweinfurt you follow the A71 until exit 18-Oberhof direction Oberhof/Ohrdruf/Gehlberg/Zella-Mehlis-Nord.